RSS

Monday, August 20, 2007

Did I push too hard?

Gym log....yes, another one.

My body is aching...very much sore everywhere...groins, butt, shoulders...even toe. Just when I thought that my body is flexi enough...bleh!

Went for usual workouts over the weekend. Sat's BPump session was probably the worst saturday workout for me. I'm guessing a big part of the reason was due to the stuffy room. The aircond on my side of the room wasn't switched on the entire BPump and BCombat classes. As a result, fatigue set in rather quickly. Was having difficulty finishing chest, back and shoulder tracks in BPump. I'm guessing I was doing back track incorrectly becos replacement instructor, JJ was mumbling something while looking at me. No time to ask him after class cos had to take my place for next class, BCombat.

BCombat was fine despite the stuffy room but the mike's interference really spoiled the class. I can understand replacement instructor Cheng's frustration. Despite the occasional mike hiccups, I think this is a great combat workout in a long long time for me. If Cheng has a permanent slot at FF IOI, I wouldn't mind going for her class. Everything went well....and my jump kicks were without mistakes...cool! I like. In fact I am still feeling the "syiok"-ness of BCombat.

Sunday's yoga was very tiring. A lot of plank positions. I thought I shouldn't have a problem considering that I'm a BPump regular but still...very tiring. Of course, no aircond makes the room extremely stuffy. I wish they would fix the aircond. When it's switched on, it's really cold. So instructors normally will just switched it off.

After yoga, proceeded to BJam an hour later. Had a blast with FJI and fellow BJ trainee Nick who was doing his clearance that day. All the tracks she picked were awesome. I like. Can't remember the titles of the tracks now but can still visualise the steps. I like. Now body aching everywhere. Got a first eye view of how a Head Teacher (in this case it was FJI) conduct clearance for trainees. I must say the process is so simple. The trainee just need to do 1 track. I think that's not enough to measure the competency of a new instructor. Or maybe it's cos Nick is not a new instructor (just new to BJam)..and that's why he only needed to do 1 track. Oh well...

Today is BPump day. Haven't seen FPI in a while. Monday Pumps hasn't been very nice to me this year so I hope today isn't like Saturday's session. Somehow I feel like the outcome from my pump sessions are pretty much stagnant this year. Or perhaps it's due to inconsistency... I carry heavy on Saturdays and carry light on Mondays. Therefore very hard to see much improvement. What can I say, I feel weaker on Mondays. Sigh...

No comments: