RSS

Monday, August 27, 2007

Aargh-Peee-Emm

Gym log.

I did it! I finally went for my first RPM class for this year. Did BPump and BCombat back to back on Saturday before hitting RPM; after resting for an hour. I hate to admit this but RPM makes me sweat buckets compared to BCombat. Halfway thru class, looked up the clock...half hour more to go. I was terribly exhausted but not totally breathless. Kinda brought back memory to my first BCombat class...kept looking at the clock to see when the class will finish. Imagine my joy when we stepped down from the bike for cool down.

I don't get the studio though...why is it filled with decor of the universe? Are we cycling into heaven? Maybe that's the motivating factor for the class...haha. I rather see sceneries of mountains, rivers, hills, etc though. Isn't that more relevant? The disco lights are cool though but somehow it doesn't jive wit the decor. I think there should be a sort of simulation screen in front. That would make the RPM-ers feel like they are actually cycling in the wilderness. Wouldn't that be something?

I think the regular RPM-ers' groins are immuned to the seats. Mine is hurting big time...even 2 days after the class. Will I be able to pull off back-to-back BCombat and BPump today with this nagging groin soreness? Hmmm...wait and see. Doing RPM is the closest thing I get to cycling...for I can't ride a real bike. Tried once when I was a teenager using my neighbour's BMX (she ditched her bike somewhere and asked me to ride it home) but I kept falling off so I did the next best logical step....walked the bike home instead.

One thing to watch out after doing RPM...my knees. Did feel a little discomfort but I'm keeping my fingers crossed no major pain developed. Wait and see hor...

No comments: