RSS

Friday, August 17, 2007

Let's yoga

Gym log.

I realised that since I started gym log here, I never wrote an entire entry on yoga class. Usually the spotlight goes to BCombat and BPump. Occasionally BBalance and BJam gets mentioned. Perhaps it's cos there are rarely interesting moments in yoga worth blogging about. Not to say that it's boring per se...maybe just less drama. No yelling, no screaming, no grunting, no doing pushups as punishments, no imaginary gang fights........nothing. No new releases at every quarter. Just the usual stretch and twist every week. Boring, no? Well, I'll be honest...it does get a tiny bit boring at times. But I'm not complaining. I still like yoga. At least now I can bend down and touch my toes.

A year ago, this would have been a "cannot miss" class....die die must go. Nowadays, it's more like.."nvm la if cannot go". Actually got other underlying reason la...but that's personal :-). One good thing about yoga is that there are many regulars in Mr. Yoga's class every week; so most of us kinda know each other already by now...know each other's names too. I think that's pretty cool. Even Mr.Yoga took an effort to know our names. I can't say the same about those LesMills classes though. Over there it's usually just..smile, nod head, walk away....members and instructors alike. Sad case.

Once upon a time, my body used to feel sore after every yoga class. Without fail. Now I feel nothing. I suppose that indicates an improvement in flexibility, no? I hope so. I just wish Mr. Yoga would do poses that test the stamina aspect of yoga. Perhaps 10mins of Sun Salutation non stop? I like.

Let's hope I will make an effort to attend classes more regularly. Been missing too many already this year.

No comments: