RSS

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This and that....

Life at work was hectic for the past 10 days, I felt like a chicken running without its head. 
It is so much calmer now. 
Now that work life is back to normal, I can focus more on my jobhunt...ahaks.

After having worked 19 hours straight from Sun to Mon, I went home to get my much needed precious sleep but my body refused to cooperate.  I ended up with only 1 hour of nap. Surprisingly enuff, the past couple of nites have been blissful.  Uninterrupted deep sleep is something that is a luxury to me and is hard to come by.  So, I am very grateful...and I hope it continues.

Of late, I have been binge-ing on chocolate chip cookies.  At one shot, I can eat up to 10 or more minis in a day.  So much so that I went out and bought myself 2 more packets. Not a good decision considering that most baked goods contain hydrogenated oil (ie. trans fat....ie. the worst type of fat) but this one only listed vegetable oil in its ingredient so I'm really not sure if the ingredients list is accurate. Even as I'm writing now, I'm already salivating over the visual of the cookie.  Damn.....

Gym life is as it should be. 
This is the 2nd week of new releases and so far I can't say if I'm crazy about the new choreo.
Body Jam 52 is OK for the 1st half of the class. I think I can officially say I am more comfortable doing Latin than Hip Hop.
I don't like the new Body Combat 43 release. What is with the stupid sword move? Instructors kept stressing that this release works the butts but how come I don't feel it? Maybe I've got buns of steel. oh, I like the Tripod Push Up idea but seriously, it needs to be done in a much slower mode, imo, or else it won't be effective at all.
The new Body Pump 73 is gruelling. I love "I gotta feeling" by The Black Eye Peas but I hate the new Chest track. And damn the 3/4 range singles in Biceps track.

I am now an official addict of Oreo Milkshake.  This couldn't have come at a worse time, especially when I found out that Oreos contain HFCS in its ingredient list.  Go to this link "The Dangers of High Fructose Corn Syrup" for indepth understanding of this sweet liquid. Since my addiction won't go away, I am using similar cookies that look and taste like Oreo to blend my milkshake.  Again, I better pray that I have stronger willpower.

No comments: