RSS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cooking Project: Sweet Potato patties

Another attempt at cooking.  Ever since I ate potato patties the first time, I had wanted to try my hands at making it myself at home.  Opting for a healthier option, I decided to use sweet potatoes instead.
Here was what I did over the weekend.

Boiling the sweet potatoes. 

Mashing the potatoes, using my brand new utensil from IKEA. Mixing in some peppers, salt and mixed herbs.
This is such a great exercise for the fingers.

Shape the potates into balls. Not a necessary step but I just love doing it.

I flattened the balls.

Brush the patties with egg and coat with oatmeals.

I tried baking this in the oven microwave for 10 mins. 
It did not turn out that great...

These look much better after I fried them....not deep fried though...just a little oil.


Verdict:  Makes for great snack.  I think it will taste even better if I use white potatoes instead, but of course sweet potatoes are healthier. 

No comments: