RSS

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Not quite there

Gym log..

I decided to attend BPump yesterday to test my energy level and needless to say, I was clearly unfit throughout the entire class. Trying to finish the class was one big struggle and I could hear myself huffing and puffing away at every tracks. Even the warm up track seemed like a huge challenge and I was already having difficulty keeping up. Thank goodness I was at the far end of the class; so I can escape FPI's eye contact. Tried my darnest to do the best I possiblly could, which by my standard, wasn't good enough.

During clean & press, FPI sidetracked a bit to show a newbie the proper technique and she kinda forgot the rest of the class was watching and following her. We all got a bit lost briefly there. Everyone was like...is it 4 continuous clean & press...or is it 1 clean & press + 1 deadlift?? Confusion...confusion. 10 pushups for FPI as punishment. However, all was forgiven when she apologised and explained the reason for her action...eyes popped open and jaws dropped when she replayed the mistake made by a newbie. All I can say is, if you are new to a class and the instructor shows you the proper technique before the track starts, you should be paying attention. All eyes should be on the instructor.

On a work related note, I was assigned back into the pre-sales technical team which means my schedule for gym won't be as regular as a clockwork anymore, especially come second half of the year.

No comments: