RSS

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The new studio is virgin no more

Gym log

Since I worked late last Fri nite and came back to work on a Sat, I decided to reward myself with a half day bookoff yesterday afternoon. Went back, took a 1.5hour nap before proceeding to the gym in the evening for a back-to-back Combat and Pump.

Courtesy of 2nd FCI aka FPI, the Combat team yesterday got the chance to drop the first sweats in the new studio. I don't like this room. It's great for Fitball program(whatever that is) and hot yoga but not so good for the Les Mills programs, IMHO. I don't like the narrow room and the low stage...very hard to see instructor...or perhaps I'm used to the high stage in Main Studio 1. The room is also a little stuffy and claustrophobic.

Sound system is great (aiya..new studio mah) but unfortunately the mike didn't work yesterday. Since it's new, there were no mats in the studio yet so we all had to do Track 9 (modified tricep pushups) on our knees on the floor. Not a very pleasant experience. Not good on the knees.....my knees especially.

After having tried out Body Combat33 few times, my verdict is this.....easy peasy. It's nice and simple but easy. For anyone who has never dare to try Combat for fear of not being able to follow the class, this would be a great time to start. With the exception of the jinga track, all others are relatively easy to follow.

After Combat, went for usual Pump. Not a very full class...courtesy of Ramadan and buka puasa. Mike and sound system are still very much OUT in this Main Studio...weeks already. How difficult can it be to get technicians to fix this?? It's an obvious problem, for crying out loud...sheesh!


I'm not improving in Pump. Bored with the current weights but yet not strong enough to carry heavier, in view of the high repetitions in Pump. I have free weights training on my mind but I find the Free Weights area a little intimidating. Gonna try approaching that SOMEONE to show me around. I have thoughts of a change in my weight training schedule but I think it's gonna be hard to pry myself away from Monday nite Pump.

On other note...Now that workload is back to normal, mood's also getting better. Looking forward to more of gym-ming (crazy I know)...must take advantage of the not so packed studio during this Ramadan month. It's ok to be kiasu....ahaks.

No comments: