RSS

Monday, September 24, 2007

Know thy neigbbours.

YES! I'm finally OFF as secretary of my RA (Resident Assoc.) ...yippee!. Relief! Been holding that position officially for 1 year + unofficially as assistant secretary/secretary for 2 years. Very phobia of taking minutes and doing reports already. We had an AGM (Annual General Meeting) on two Fridays ago, 14th Sept with about 30 residents/owners in attendance. Not a good number but enough to nominate new committee.

I was nominated for the posts of Secretary again (no thanks to SEE) and Auditor (no thanks to Mr.Yeoh) but luckily was outnumbered.....phew! Prayer answered! Tengku (now ex-VP) and I were busy nominating the residents just so we wouldn't get re-elected again. It's time the association breathes new committee into it. Poor Tengku was eventually re-elected....though this time not as Vice President. She was pleading hard to get out of it but the residents wouldn't hear of it. All because of the namesake.....sigh. The line up this year is pretty good. Full of enthusiastic residents willing to continue on the work...unlike some of us lazy busy ex-committee...hehehe. Anyhow....congrats to new president Mr. SEE...may your leadership bring our RA to newer heights.

AGM ended at 11pm. Quickly handed over to the new Secretary....good luck! Tengku and I went for teh tarik after that; joined later by Yvette, David, Clinton, Terrence, Francis & Loo (new committee member). Drinks were on Loo....toh cheah....that's the way to start his term as committee member...ahaks. It's good to meet up with neighbours once a while. I hope we can do this again some other time. It's funny but the neighbours I know are all from other floors...I do not know neighbours same floor as me.

Pictures to come later...

No comments: