RSS

Monday, April 30, 2007

Nite at TGIF

I was craving for some good old western meal so I went to TGIF with sis and family on Saturday nite at Subang Parade. As we were quite early, the place wasn't very crowded. Niece and I ordered Smothered Steak....hers well done while mine is medium. Nephew ordered fish and chips. BIL and sis ordered burger and sauteed fish pasta respectively.

The last time I went to TGIF before this was about 2 years ago at Section 14 PJ. Service was superb with the waiter tending to our every needs. I can't say the same for TGIF SP. BIL asked for 2 glasses of hot water (he asked TWICE) but the drinks never came at all. How hard can it be to pour hot water onto 2 glasses? My sis' pasta came when the rest of us had already finished our food because the waiter forgot her order. BIL had earlier requested another waiter to kindly check on the pasta but still, the food came so very much later. The supervisor felt bad about this and offered complimentary dessert...which we never took cos we were already full. What a waste huh?


For drinks, I ordered Friday's Lime Margarita, on the rock. Tasted pretty much like plain old lemonade. No taste of tequila at all. A real disappointment. I wondered if their Cosmo would have been better. I think next time must go for a round of happy hour elsewhere. It's long overdue...

Overall it was lousy service, lousy drink, so so food only. Even BIL agreed that the service level has gone down at Friday's SP. Probably should have gone to Chillies instead.

No comments: