RSS

Monday, February 26, 2007

Long holiday blues?

Why do we always feel lazy to work after coming back from long holidays? After a good long rest, shouldn't our body be energised enough to want to do work? A well rested brain should means we are ready to take on more challenges and are well prepared to handle daily stress. Unfortunately, this isn't the case as we all know. Don't talk about long holidays...even after the weekend, we get Monday blues. 2 days of rest and suddenly our body shuts down? I wonder why...

I'm swamped with work but I'm just too lazy to do much today. It doesn't help that I have not been feeling too well....been coughing since the CNY holidays. Lost my voice on the 3rd day of CNY. In fact, 5 family members have fallen sick...cold, cough, sore throat, headache, eye irritation...u name it, we got them. Now my eyelids feel real heavy and I just want to crawl into bed. I'm so tempted to leave the office early today. I feel so life-less, so un-interested in anything...even the thought of going for my usual Mon gym class (which I normally looks forward to) puts me off. My throat are so painful from the constant coughing..and I just don't feel like talking to anyone..not even my boss. In short, I just want to sit in my chair and rot.

Maybe a long rest isn't that good for our body...as far as work is concerned la....hehehe....

No comments: