RSS

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Gong Xi Fa Cai !

Happy Chinese New Year! 5 more days before we usher in the Year of the Pig ...oink....oink.

The long holiday weekend is coming soon. Everyone's busy getting ready for the festive season. Most major department stores and hypermarkets are packed with people doing last minute shopping. I should avoid all this areas at this time of the year but being a procrastinator, I have left grocery shopping til the last minute.

CNY has always been a quiet affair for me even back in hometown. It will be even more quiet this year as I will be celebrating it in KL this time. In a way, I'm actually a little relieved that I don't have to go through the hassles of balik kampung. I hate taking flights during festive season. The airport is always packed with people and a certain airline is bound to have its flights delayed.....as usual. It takes forever waiting for luggages to come out on the conveyor belt. And some kiasu people will rushed to get the trolleys the moment they reached the arrival hall and they would pushed their way thru to stand right in front of the conveyor belt. Thank god I don't have to witness all that this time around. Anyway, enough of that....

Celebrating CNY in KL is a totally different experience compared to celebrating in hometown. The city will be quiet and the roads clear of traffic jams. It's a wonderful time to be driving in KL. For once I can relax and take time out from serving drinks, entertaining visitors, etc etc. I'll be busy window shopping instead..hehehe.

Here's wishing all of you a Happy Chinese New Year in advance...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you enjoy your quiet time in kl this festive season. gong xi fa cai..

Anonymous said...

u knw wht else is annoying...b4 the seatbelt sign is off, people already got up from their seat...how kiasu is tht...