RSS

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cooking Project - vegetable curry.

I made my very first attempt at cooking vegetable curry.  Seriously, how difficult can this be, right? I went grocery shopping for some ingredients. No recipe to follow...like I said, how difficult can this be...although I did google vegetarian curry for a glance at recipes. So ok, here we go...


First off, I sauteed the curry mix (combined mixture of tumeric paste, bla bla bla), which my mom had conveniently prepared for me in a container. I added other spices ie. curry powder, cinnamon stick and star anise.  I didn't have lemongrass cos I could not find it in the freaking supermarket. Added some water to boil the mixes...then added in the vegetables one by one, namely the okras, green beans, dried tofu, beancurd skin and cabbage. Added in more curry mix as I couldn't get any curry taste out of the pot. So, anyway...the end result...


The verdict?

I think this one should be labelled "cooking disaster".  The vegetables were overcooked, the dish has no curry taste whatsoever although it did taste very spicy and the soup was also a little bitter (god knows why...).  I have a huge pot of this in my fridge and I don't even know if I will ever finish it.

Sigh......need I say more?

No comments: