RSS

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How's this for coincidence?

As part of my food "experiment" back in Dec 09, I decided to stop eating garlic and onion for a while.   My sinus has conveniently chosen that time to return...the constant sneezings especially in the mornings (hate this!), the pressure pain in the nose (hate this too!), sleepless nites due to the pressure pain (hate this even more!), etc etc. I was very baffled why I was suddenly having these attacks as I haven't been experiencing it for the past few years, with the exception of occasionally getting one teary eyed from spicy or hot food (and this is I cannot prevent due to my blocked right sinus duct). 

Last nite as I was reading Food Harm Food Heals (by Reader's Digest, given courtesy of my dear bro and mom), I came across the section on "Sinusitis" and it mentioned that garlic and onion can help to alleviate sinus.  I probably should know this, considering the fact that I suffered from sinus, but I never really pay attention to all these stuff.  All I know is, I have my nasal corticosteroid spray ready in hand and recently I discovered that menthol crystals help to reduce the congestant, though it does not make the pain go away. 

Needless to say, I am now back to eating garlic and onions again.

No comments: