RSS

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sensibility

Today at work, I found out some disturbing news about unfair treatment. Favoritism in the office is nothing new but when unfair treatment is being practised openly, it is just wrong. It sends a wrong message to other employees. It de-moralises the affected employees. So quick to judge, criticise and blacklist when one made mistakes but gives no credit when that person delivers. I feel bad for a couple of colleagues who are being unfairly judged. I know I won't like it if I am in their shoes. Don't do upon others what you don't like being done to you. It's all about karma.

Work aside.....

Was at the gym last evening and saw something which annoyed me for some time already....happened before. One lady, in the changing room, was on the bench texting and has no sense to see that the bench she was sitting on was pushed very close to the lockers. I somehow managed to slide my tiny frame in between the bench and available locker. Opened the locker door, put my bag in and was ready to go change when I noticed that the lady kept glancing behind as if afraid that I was peeking into her sms because of the close proximity. Talk about stupidity! She couldn't push the bench further away issit? I barely had enough room to turn anyway. Sensing her consciousness, I purposely stood behind her and took my own sweet time to slowly rummaged thru my bag....making her even more nervous...hahaha.

Ok, all evil aside, I had a more enjoyable time embracing the new Body Combat 37 in my 2nd attempt. Found out that the correct name for the Capoiera martial art in Track 6 is Esquiva, and not Skiva (which sounded like the lingerie brand...teehee). Esquiva, a form of Capoiera, is more on evasion than contact. Whatever it is, somehow to me, Capoiera is more of a dance form than martial art.

I like this new Combat release purely because there are lots of scissors and I love scissors purely because it's a reminder that my knees are fine.....touch wood! The next few classes will be more on refining the techniques.

No comments: