RSS

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm beat

Returned to pumping and combating today after skipping those classes for almost 2 weeks. I swear, my stamina and strength levels have dipped significantly of late. For the past 2 months, my attendance record at the gym has been quite pathetic really. For the kind of membership fee that I am currently paying, it certainly didn't look worth it.

I returned in time for the Les Mills new releases. I did not anticipate much changes in Body Pump 67 and I was right...although I must say the warm up track was a little weird, kinda messy. Squat Track has plenty of bottom halves. Tricep Track quite a killer especially with the kickback towards the end. It seemed to go on and on. Shoulder track, which I also failed miserably, was simply wicked. Plank crunch was something new introduced into this release for the Abdominals Track. It's gonna take me a while to adapt myself to my once a week Body Pump workout, instead of the usual 3 classes per week. It will definitely affect my weights selection and improvement.

The new Body Combat 37 has plenty of new movements, noticebly the Brazilian capoeira in Track 6, which I think is called "skiva", or something like that. Lots of squats and lunges. Not something that I was looking forward to, considering that, just an hour earlier, I was doing squats and lunges too, in Pump. Thighs were still burning from that. The Muay Thai track has 64 knees, on each side. Conditioning track started off with crunches, followed by wide and tricep push ups, something I was able to do relatively well, thanks to all those time spent doing Body Pump. Overall, this new release was not bad. Music wise, I'm not too crazy about it.

It was raining heavily when I was leaving the gym but I was able to rush home, shower and grab a bite to eat before leaving for my facials. I was looking forward to the shoulder massage, which I needed, especially after an exhausting afternoon. Unfortunately for me, the beautician did not do a good job, unlike the usual times. I left the facial centre with a throbbing headache, something which I had been experiencing intermittently on a daily basis for a week already.

Looking forward to an early rest tonite and hope for better health ahead.

No comments: