RSS

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Exercise some common sense please.

Tolerance is something a gym member has to put up with, especially when it comes to popular classes, eg. yesterday's Body Combat, which is and always will be full house. The studio was already packed when I stepped in, thus having to stand at the back. Fine with me.

One joker came in later and stood close in front of me. Fine with me. The class was full, I could understand that. This joker, who did jabs like as if he was swimming, then kept moving backwards as the first track started. Not much room for shuffling, scissors nor front kicks. A member next to me was obviously more pissed off than I was, hence he asked the joker to move forward a little, which fell on deaf ears. At one point, I accidentally kicked the joker's hand but I found no reason to apologise. Not my fault what. Silly man. Few tracks later, the member next to me turned to me and criticised the joker. No idea what the fler said cos it was in cantonese but I understood the bottomline of his message. Gave him a nod and a big smile to indicate that I agreed with him....ahaks.

That aside, this morning's newspaper headline "National Fatwa Council to make a ruling on yoga" caught my attention and made me laugh. Apparently, a local joker lecturer, Prof.Zakaria Stapa of UKM, advised Muslims who have taken up yoga to stop practising it as it deviates from Islamic beliefs. Errrr....Prof. Zakaria, you ever heard of EXERCISE? Moron!

First there was the ban on tomboys, now it's yoga...so, what is next? Not only do we have stupid politicians running our country, now it seems that we also have stupid professors teaching the next generation. Scary!

No comments: