RSS

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

PU vs OSU

It was pure coincidence that on the day I was on half-day leave, ASTRO is showing PU (Purdue) vs OSU (Ohio State) Big Ten basketball game. To say that I was excited is an understatement. Really. The last time I watched a Purdue game was back in college days.

This season, PU is one of the top team (tied with Wisconsin for first place) in the Big-10 Conference; and with a group of freshmen and sophomores in their roster (they only have 1 senior player), I say this is very very impressive. OSU is ranked number 5 in the Big-10. In the AP (Associate Press) Poll, PU is ranked 15th while OSU isn't ranked.

The game is scheduled to be aired at 8am so needless to say I was already up by that hour. But some live football game went into OT and so the game that I was anticipating was also delayed. By 8.45, ESPN was able to air the game. Was very very excited. The game was already almost towards the end of the 1st half by then. Never mind....PU went into half-time with a 3 point lead. Yahoo!

I had read a lot about the good reviews given to this group of young team and needless to say, I couldn't wait to watch them play. But then, what I saw was sloppy plays at times and the inability to hung on to the lead. In the end, PU lost 77-80.

Sad...

OK, so I don't really care if PU will drop its ranking or if it didn't win the Big-10 title...but to lose to an unranked team?? wtf!

No comments: