RSS

Thursday, March 6, 2008

I don't have a title but this is about gym

It seems like my body is screaming for another visit to the ENT clinic. I need to get my supply of nasal spray. I have been sneezing far too many times since this morning that I'm beginning to feel drowsy and my body is begging for rest time in bed. My hands are cold and my nose hurts. I'm having difficulty focusing on my work. I have so far taken one pill for allergy and a Panadol. I guess that wasn't enough. Maybe I'll pop another one after lunch. The office's cold air-con only makes things worse for me.

I just hope I will get well in time for this evening's Pump and Yoga classes. Yesterday's Combat was ok. Somehow I feel like my technique is slipping a little. I dunno why but I feel like my form isn't up to par. Was it because I have skipped far too many Combats in the past few months? Or perhaps my techniques, particularly upper cuts and hooks were incorrect all along but I failed to notice it before? Back in Dec, I attended Jason's class and he pointed out some of my mistakes....it was then that I realised I wasn't as good as I had thought. I guess this calls for more Combat...practice makes perfect, no?. I casually mentioned to FCI (fav combat instructor) yesterday to do a non-stop class ONE day. She agreed but only if all the members in the class are regulars. Hmm.....every class will surely have a 1-2 first timers la. I guess that day will not come so soon.

The Les Mills new release launches will be on the 22-23 March. That's the weekend I will be away in Cherating. FF IOI isn't one of the outlet that the launches will be done, so for me, not attending this event is not a big deal. Afterall, all members will get to try the new release for 3 weeks after it's launched. Plenty of time to learn and get used to the new choreos.

I have been missing Body Jam quite a lot as well, due to CNY and partly because I usually skip class when FJI (Fav Jam Instructor) goes M.I.A. The effect is that, I'm also slowly losing interest in Jam. Last week was a clear example why I dislike replacement instructors. FJI was M.I.A and the class was replaced by 2 new instructors...both not quite in sync and errors were spotted occassionally. Not that I'm an expert in Body Jam but I can tell when instructors make obvious mistakes. Not that they have to be perfect but it would be nice if they can compensate their "not so great techniques yet" with better and crisp cue-ing. Afterall, members pay for the classes. We like to come out from the class feeling satisfied even though we don't do so well in the class ourselves. In view of FJI's abseenteism on the 16th March, I have scheduled myself for high tea with friends...ahaks.

Speaking of gym, I wonder why I no longer get the thrill out of gym-ing...the way I felt the first 1.5 years. Monday nite Pump doesn't churn out the same feel anymore. I missed the frequent eye contact with FPI. I missed going for Tuesday's Body Balance under FBI (fav Balance instructor), who has since left for a different position within FF. I missed seeing some familiar faces in my regular classes...members who have either terminated or freeze their memberships. I missed having the occasional chats with Mr. Yoga on Sundays before class starts. Now that he has another class before that, we no longer get a chance to sit down and chat. My mission for this next 3 months is to attend classes with minimum absenteeism.

I will make today's gym-ing satisfactory, even though I'm a little under the weather. It's Thursday so I know definitely there will be plenty of chaturangas in Mr.Yoga's class. Tough! Plus, Mr.Mat Salleh, Frank is doing today's Pump so I bet there will be tracks of olden days unfamiliar to the members. A welcome change, no doubt.

I am looking forward to Sat's classes because I have skipped so many Saturdays before. Now...if only I didn't have to return to the office on Sat evening. Work is...oh well...I won't even bother going into that.

No comments: