RSS

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I am balanced...ALMOST

I was a little disappointed that BPump was cancelled at the last minute last Saturday. Somemore, BCombat was so so only that day. I lost focus quite a bit because I was focusing on somebody else...or rather I was paying too much attention to the interaction between a girl and another girl.....ahaks. Just being kepochi....haha. On a side note...was surprised that FCI did the 'switch knees' track. Had asked her last Wed why instructors don't do that track anymore. I guess I finally got my wish fulfilled. Anyway, fast forward to yesterday's gym-ing.

I could have made it to BCombat yesterday...arrived gym early actually but then opted not to join 2nd FCI's class. Instead, I detoured to Jusco's bakery and got myself some plain cupcakes (I'm still looking for those pretty cupcakes though..hehehe).

The Pump class started off not full but then suddenly many members started coming in after the warm up track. Note to latecomers: Next time when you come in late, look for available empty spaces AND don't squeeze yourself into a corner WHICH prompted the instructor to ask other members to adjust their spaces to accommodate you! Unlike other classes, adjusting spaces in Pump class means shifting the plates (not one, not two), bench, bar,....NOT just the feet.

I was hoping we do a slightly different warm up track, just like the week before but FPI went back to the usual boring warm up track. After warm up, I think my body started crying. Struggled with chest track. Sourced for every ounce of energy to do the 7x pull ups (correct terms?) during Back track. Felt the burn during lunges. Tricep track was a killer with tricep dip towards the end. In all honesty I welcome tricep dip cos very syiok but in the end I couldn't feel my arms. Shoulder track was no better either and will ALWAYS be my weakest. Had to stop so many times during the track.

During the class, FPI said it's recommended to BALANCE out between cardio, strength and flexibility workouts and not just focus on one. This got me thinking about my current workout. Let's see now..

Monday
Body Pump - strength/weight/resistance training

Tuesday
Body Balance - flexibility

Wednesday
Body Combat - cardio workout

Thursday
Body Pump (if I can make it) - strength/weight/resistance training
Yoga - flexibility

Friday - REST DAY!

Saturday
Fitball - Core/Toning workout
Body Pump - strength/weight/resistance training
Body Combat - cardio workout

Sunday
Yoga - flexibility
Body Jam - fun times! (or perhaps I should say 'make a fool of myself ' session..ahaks)

I think that is pretty much a BALANCED workout. The only thing that is not balanced now is my diet. By diet, I mean diet as in, to regulate the food, esp. in order to improve the physical condition, AND not diet as in, to select or limit the food one eats to improve one's physical condition or to lose weight. The latter is a big NO NO for me.

No comments: