RSS

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Did I hear my name?

It's been a while since I last wrote on gym classes. Was supposed to skip gym this entire week due to work but since today the workload eased a little, I decided to pop in for Body Pump.  These days the energy level decreased tremendously, it must be the age factor..sigh.
Today's class was pretty packed.  Lots of members whom I've never seen before.  Saw an Iron Lady who carried very impressive weights throughout.  13kg/side for squats...fuh! That kind of weights will definitely kill my back, no joke.  8.5kg/side for clean & press...fuh! Tabik (salute) to her. Even more impressive, 8.5kg/side for Shoulders track..fuh! I seriously bow down to her.  Now....if she has shoulders like Jillian Michaels, I would have fallen over with admiration but she doesn't.  In fact, I think I have better looking shoulders....ehem!

Anyway, the focus of this piece is really not on Iron Lady.  Throughout the class, I swore I heard the instructor calling out my name.  Well, I don't think he was specifically referring to me since he doesn't know me, other than seeing me regularly in his class.  Besides, anyone in the class could have the same name as me.  At first thought, he might be referring to the Iron Lady, but then there was no facial reaction from her. And everytime he said the name, I swore he was looking at my direction....hmmm. Or maybe I was imagining too much. Maybe he was calling out some name that sounded similar? He was definitely calling out some name.  I actually kinda miss those days when instructors actually do call out MY name, it felt kinda nice to be recognised.  Those instructors are no more....sad! 

Highlight of my day...hearing things.  btw, I still owe a piece on my recent trip to Mount Kinabalu but I've been darn lazy.

No comments: