RSS

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My personal review of a netbook

What do I think of a Netbook?  It's great if you are using it mainly for browsing the Web, accessing emails, participating in forums, blogging or if you are someone who are constantly on the move and you need to accomplish tasks on the run, yeah...netbook is great becos it is extremely lightweight and can fit into a handbag easily. However, for me.....

                                                   

3 days into using this piece of crap machine, I feel like I want to poke my eyes out. Steams are coming out of my ears each time I attempt to do work with it. 

The display is small. I have to keep scrolling down just to read one page of document.
It is fucking slow...but then again, what can one expect from a machine that uses Atom processor.
It does not come with an optical drive.
The battery is great when it's new but we'll see how it performs 6 mths down the line.
The pointing device ia fuckingly annoying.  Sometimes I try to place the cursor on the screen, the page will just runs up or down automatically.  Damn annoying especially when one is rushing to get work done.
Sometimes need to click more than twice to open up a file.
Limited RAM and HDD size.
Forget about watching videos online.  A snail can crawl to China and back and I still don't get to watch the video.

In short, a Netbook is not for business use.  Great for a directors, maybe, cos let's face it, they delegate more than they actually do work.  Not so great for the Executives who need to do work on a computer for hours.  If you are someone who is easily stressed, for goodness sake, never ever get a netbook...not  unless you want your blood pressure to go thru the roof.

I don't understand how my moron team leader can get us a netbook considering that we deal with proposals on a frequent basis and a CD/DVD drive is very much an important necessity than a luxury.  This is what I call...making decision without utilising the brain. Personally, this is an insult.

No comments: