RSS

Monday, February 22, 2010

The holiday that didn't leave much impact

So, Chinese New Year holidays came and left without much fanfare.....well, at least to me.  Much of the holidays were spent hanging out with family members at home.  The weather was just too scorching hot to be doing anything outside anyway.  As much as I didn't want to celebrate CNY, I felt that I have to observe it, for tradition's sake. There wasn't much preparation of snacks at my home, not only because I didn't want to celebrate CNY but a lot of times, those snacks are either fried or sugary.  I wasn't paranoid about the caloric intake but more of being mindful about unhealthy ingredients.  Besides, from past experience, I was always left with lots of unfinished snacks which would eventually be thrown away.  So, in order not to waste food this year, I did minimal snack shopping.   Even then, I have a feeling I will be tossing out unfinished food again this year. No more buying next year....

I do admit that I am guilty of indulging in some of them at my sister's home though, as much as I tried to restrict myself. My face didn't agree with my food intake either because at last count, 4 pimples popped out within days.


My biggest regret this CNY was eating fast food again!  After 6 mths of shedding myself clean, damnit, I could really strangle myself for this one.  I was at the airport with sister and family....sending mom and bro off.  Everyone automatically kinda walked towards KFC for dinner and I didn't want to be petty about it so I went along...well, at least I could go for the salad garden......but damnit, the outlet didn't have that available. I settled on nuggets and a couple of potato wedges instead....felt real guilty the whole time about eating food fried in hydrogenated oils....bad bad bad.  I know...I caved in.  There goes my clean record....

No comments: