RSS

Monday, February 8, 2010

Lady Luck, where are you?

I turned down a couple of interviews recently because of location and job category.  It's not that I am being picky but if I don't feel that those interviews are suitable for me, I don't see how I will like the job if I am offered the position later.  I don't want to end my current misery by putting myself into a new misery loop. 

However, I am also superstitiously fearing that my actions of turning down interviews is gonna set me up for failure in my job hunting mission. Why is it that I keep getting calls for interviews for positions which I don't want but I get no calls for jobs that I had applied for? It's really baffling...and frustrating, to say the least.  It's not like I'm aiming for the sky and the stars.

My friend assured me that this will only open up ample upcoming interview opportunities.  As much as I like to comfort myself with that thought, I am starting to worry about any possible karma back slash. I guess the sensible thing to do now is to stay calm and not get overly stressed, and hopefully something positive will out come of all the dramas and stress that I had to endure of late.

No comments: