RSS

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My fitness bucket list

Have you ever dream of doing certain fitness challenges but are scared to do so?  Maybe you've thought of swimming or  running marathon or triathlon or perhaps climbing Mt. Everest or taking up martial arts, etc etc.  I certainly have these thoughts for the longest time ever. 

However, those thoughts are never executed either because
1) I can't find a partner friend who shares the same interest OR 
2) I have fears OR
3) I'm just a procrastinor

So, here I have my fitness bucket list...things that I hope to accomplish before I die.  Mind you, I've done some homework too...although god only knows when I will actually accomplish them.

Wall Climbing. Camp5 @ 1U offers indoor climbing facility with many different types of courses for beginners and advance climbers.  Here's one that I like...Basic Wall Course. Fee is RM100, excl. gym entry fee.  Duration - 4 hours.
Kettlebell Training.  I am very intriqued by this.  There are so many benefits from kettlebell training -- muscle toning, endurance & stamina, power.  I can see this as an alternative to weight training classes.  Unlike dumbbell exercises, kettlebell is best done under supervision as any carelessness can lead to head injuries.  It's too bad that my gym do not offer such classes.
I contacted KDT Academy, one of the pioneer offering kettlebell training in Malaysia and was invited by its owner, Vince Choo to drop in to the Academy for further consultation.
Being a pracrastinator, I have yet to do so......

Climbing Mt. Kinabalu -- the tallest summit in South East Asia.  I have wanted to climb Mt. Kinabalu since a while while back but never have the guts to do so.  A year ago, an acquaintance actually brought up this subject but the discussion failed to progress on due to unforeseen circumstances (lame but true).  Well, anyway, this is still in my bucket list and hopefully someday I will climb this mountain. The truth is, part of me is and has always been scared of descending down a slippery mountain or hill.  My trip to Mt. Sorak, South Korea a few years ago further validated this great phobia of mine. 


Self defence class.  Another one which I had wanted to learn since a long time ago, for obvious reasons. I doubt that my Body Combat sessions at the gym prepares me for any dangerous and life threatening encounters. I have not done much research on this subject matter (shame on me) but from now on, I will keep an eye out for places that do offer such services.

Swimming.  Well....this one is in my list simply because I have stopped swimming for a number of years.  I am not a great swimmer but I am able to swim laps (I hope I still can...).  I have access to a swimming pool, that is not an issue.  I need a new swimsuit though....and for this reason alone, I have not really pushed myself to start back on swimming.  Oh well..someday.  
When will I actually accomplish any of the above remains to be seen.  Perhaps I should get the ball rolling considering that I am at my fittest now.  I mean, who knows what kind of fitness level I will be in later on......

No comments: