RSS

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I have officially been poked

I braved myself to visit an acupuncturist a week ago at Da Cheng Chinese Physician & Acupuncturist, Puchong Jaya. The sinsei (chinese physician) is a Taiwanese. After explaining to him the reason for my visit (cannot sleep well at nite), he proceeded to ask some questions and pressed certain parts of my body to assess pain. Since my problem was not a physical problem, the sinsei seemed to have slight difficulty assessing me. Ended up I required 3 needles..2 near my armpits and the other on my neck. All on the left side of my body. Needles used are new, rest assured. The sinsei opened them right in front of me. After inserting the needles, I was told to rest or sleep for 30 mins. Easier said than done, in my case.

I was prescribed some chinese medicine to be consumed for 3 days; in powder and capsule form. All in all, it cost me RM83; RM12 (for consultation), RM20 (for acupuncture), RM36 (6 powder packs) and RM15 (3 capsules). Very expensive, IMO. Next time will settle for one that do not require medication. Anyone who wishes to try out acupuncture must ensure that they go to a certified acupuncturist.

Can't really tell what is the effect of this on my insomnia. Sleep has improved though not smooth yet. Cheers!

Da Cheng Chinese Physician and Acupuncturist Sdn Bhd
159, Jalan Kenari 23A
Bandar Puchong Jaya
47100 Puchong Jaya
Tel: 8075 8579

No comments: