RSS

Monday, August 11, 2008

Practice makes perfect

It's amazing what a week of no exercise can do to one's body. I returned to the gym over the weekend to resume my workout only to find that I lacked strength, stamina and focus. Struggled during Body Pump, even with lighter than usual weights. Lunges was done without the bar and only with a 2.5kg plate. Even that I struggled. It didn't help that midway thru the class, I was feeling a little floating, perhaps due to the painkiller pill that the doctor had prescribed me earlier in the morning. I didn't know that painkiller can cause drowsiness.

Despite my condition, I continued on to Body Combat. Stubborn me! I was "alright" for most part, except for the occassional lapse of concentration. Went up to Master Combat after class for some pointers on my upper cut techniques which I realised by now must be incorrect since she has twice signalled (in the past 2 weeks) that I was not doing it correctly. Turned out I wasn't totally wrong; just needed slight improvement. The key word....practice practice and more practice. Preferably in front of the mirror. I did just that over the weekend and I have to say, I wasn't comfortable....at all. Aaarggh! Master Combat said the reason I felt less strength was because I needed to take a break but I told her I just came back from a holiday break...ahaks!

I woke up on Sunday with body soreness all over and I'm still feeling it now.

No comments: