RSS

Monday, August 18, 2008

Body Combat Bootcamp

Body Combat on Saturday was as hot as it can get. It was Body Combat Bootcamp! See, the week before, we were informed about this special class. 2 hours of BC, members were told. Interesting, I thought. Challenging too, no doubt. Might be fun too, for sure. I mean, any diehard BC fans would welcome continuous Combat sessions.

So, there I was on Saturday. Skipped earlier usual Body Pump class to conserve my energy for the 2 hours BC showdown. Then I found out it wasn't what I expected. The 2 hours would cover 1 hour of training & 1 hour of BC. Ok la, not bad...1 hour of training. Can learn all the proper techniques of BC. Oh man..I was not mentally prepared for what was about to be thrown my way...

Members were divided into 4 groups, each occupying one side of the studio. We started out with warm ups..from slow jog to quicker jogs. I had no idea slow jogs can be so tiring...ahaks. Then the real test began. Members had to do 8 different sets of exercises, each of 2 minutes duration. Once the whistle was blown at the 2 min mark, each group had to run to the other side of the studio to do the next exercise. It continued on until all 8 sets of exercises were completed. I was like, what?? No BC techniques training??

So, we had to do Jumping Squats, Sit ups, Push ups, Lunges, Jab-Upper-Hook (ahh...see see..got some BC here), Running Planks, Muay Thais and Jumping Jacks. Each of 2 mins duration. It was harder than it sounds. C'mon..you try doing push ups for 2 mins! 3 instructors were on hand to push motivate the members. At the end of the 8th exercise, members were breathless. Water time!

Just when we thought it was over, it was round 2! Same exercises, same time duration. I was like, wtf! For real? Seriously? I was screaming! Midway thru, the energy was practically drained out. So much so that I had to crawl from one side of the studio to the next. Good god...this is not what I signed up for. It felt like I had been left in the desert without water for days. I was screaming for my body to go on. The jumping jacks was easy though. I did that none stop at the last set (ahhh...so proud). When the final whistle was blown, everyone were relieved, to say the least. We slumped to the floor, like a piece of lifeless doll. It was over...finally.....oh wait, so not over yet. Still got 1 hour of BC to cover. After a much needed 5-10 mins rest and for the cleaners to mop the disgusting sweats off the floor, members continued on for the normal 1 hour BC.

I bet a lot of proper techniques were compromised since members were lacking the energy. I know mine was. Nonetheless, we still found energy for the shouts and yells. Overall, excellent bootcamp. I would do it all over again if there was another one organised in the future, now that I know what a BC bootcamp is. Hiaks!

Oh, body still aching..

No comments: