RSS

Friday, February 22, 2008

Tough love given on a Thursday

Yesterday was tough at the gym. We have a mat salleh replacement instructor for Body Pump and he did a number of older tracks which was absolutely tough. Lunges and squat in the same track? That was plain murder. Luckily I was using the lighter bar or else I think I would have died standing already.

The reason I was using the lighter bar was because I wanted to add 1kg for tricep and bicep...need to train those areas more. There was no way I can pull this off using the heavier bar. I knew I would have slight difficulty during tricep especially if there are single reps involved but I didn't realised that my left arm was so much weaker compared to the right arm. During the last set, I couldn't control the bar well and it was practically swinging everywhere. If this was FPI's class..sure kena sounded already. I was surprised the mat salleh never commented anything. Bicep was much better but had to pause a few times. Hmm....never mind, must persevere.

From Body Pump, it was off to Yoga next. Studio 2 was freezing cold so Mr.Yoga decided to shift to Mind & Body Studio instead. So much better, warmer a bit. I thought Mr.Yoga would take it easy considering that it's Chap Goh Mei, but no....this was another tough class. So many chaturangas followed by updog positions...not an easy feat especially after a Pump class. Arms and shoulders already so fatigued from earlier Pump....but I braved myself...pushed myself and I think I think pretty darn well. Bravo!

On other note, will be going to PD this weekend with few office mates for a little R&R (rest & relax). Maybe will come back a little more tanned too...ahaks. Initially quite a number of them wanted to bring their family along but at the last minute, the number of participants dwindled down. A good thing also....now can R&R more peacefully. Why PD? Nothing to see wat, people say. We chose PD becos our company has an apartment at Corus Paradise so no need to spend so much on lodging. Besides, Mdm Wonderful Boss donated some $$ for this trip...so can say this trip is practically "free" la. Yahoo! I love sponsored trips :-)

No comments: