RSS

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So many distractions

Last nite's pump didn't turn out that bad, although it could be better. My legs weren't wobbly during back track as anticipated....something which usually happens upon my return to the gym after a long hiatus. Maybe it has something to do with the lighter bar that I used last nite. FPI was absent and the class was replaced by another instructor, Darren. I'm confused by this guy. On one hand, I think he's a new instructor because if my memory serves me correct, he shadowed FPI once before. On the other hand, the tracks that he played are not familiar to me. Only 'senior' instructors have access to the older tracks. So...ya...I'm quite confused.

The sound system + mike at the main studio had problems....again. I'm amazed how frequently the system seems to be breaking down, as of late... considering that it went thru a major repair late last year. A lousy mike + lousy sound system + an instructor with not so good cues + some other distractions = a difficult class to follow. Eyes always have to be on the instructor at all times, which put extra strain on the neck especially during chest, back and tricep tracks.

I was also quite distracted by a few members or maybe it was just me being unable to focus solely on the instructor. There was the first timer who didn't squat correctly. The guy in front of me were pumping singles faster than a bullet train and not following the instructor's timing. The lady in front of me, whom I thought were quite "terror" cos she carried 3.5kg for warm up were unable to follow the instructor's rhythm for most part of the class. The mother/son couple were constantly chatting during intervals, which I found rather annoying. Add to that the constant annoying screeching sound coming from the sound system...which if it had continued til the end of the class, would have caused some ringing in the ears. Of course, being such a regular gym-goer, I knew that the problem was because the faulty mike was turned on at its max...but the poor instructor was clueless. Doesn't FF teach their instructors how to troubleshoot mikes? What a nite!

Ok, let's see if Thursday's pump will be better than monday's. Another replacement instructor. What's happening to all my regular instructors??

No comments: