RSS

Monday, January 14, 2008

Is it really new year?

I'm not sure if it's just me but 2008 feels like it's just a continuation of December 2007. Nothing interesting happening. Nothing interesting about to happen. It's just another day, another month.

I have not been gym-ing as much as I used to. In fact, I have pretty much slowed down my activities since Dec 07. Up to today, I have skipped Monday's Body Pump for 1.5 month already. Skipped Body Combat for 3 weeks. Skipped Body Jam for 3 weeks. Stopped going for Fitball. Decided to stop going for Tuesday's Body Balance, now that ex-FBI is no longer teaching (heard that she's coming back to teach one last RPM class today...too bad she isn't gonna do one last Balance class).

In place of Sat's Combat, I have been attending Brian's Body Balance and Gentle Flow Yoga instead, for the past 2 weeks. I may continue that for another week before switching back to Combat. Somehow I am just not motivated to go for cardio classes these days. I am however, planning to attend Body Combat this coming Sunday...and perhaps followed by Body Step?? Hmm...very tempted to try out Step for the first time but am also a bit worried that I can't follow the class. Or worse still....slip and fall from the stepboard.

Work has been slow this new year. I was recently offered a position by an ex-boss in her new business venture. I am attracted by the prospect of a better career development, in an industry that is totally new to me. There is no doubt there will be a lot to learn and learning is good. This is a great opportunity to upgrade myself. However, the position does not come with a very good base salary. With the prices of everything going nowhere but up these days, I can't just jump without at least a slightly higher increment. It's a dilemma. I doubt there is room for negotiation (I have yet to inform of my decision) but whatever it is, I am thankful that she trusted me well enough to consider me for the position.

On a personal front, I said goodbye to that someone and I certainly hope this will be the last. Forgive and forget? Hmmph...forget it la. The focus this year will be more on me, myself and I....ahaks. Looking forward to spending more time with mom and bro when they are here for CNY. Kinda miss hometown...maybe will make the trip home in mid year.


Here's to 2008....cheers! May there be more good positive things happening...

No comments: