RSS

Friday, December 14, 2007

No pain no gain?

I'm aching all over. Every muscles in my body is aching. I had anticipated having less energy upon my return to the gym after a long hiatus. What I didn't anticipate was struggling mightily. I guess I had not recover 100% as I had thought.

Went for Body Pump yesterday. It is BP64. The new release. First time trying it out. Probably Ms Kylie Gate's last class too. The class started 5 mins late so Kylie was rushing thru. Members have to quickly change plates in between tracks. I think I chose the wrong day to return to the gym. I don't do very well when I'm rushing...in anything.

I'm not sure if BP64 is really that tough OR it is becos I was "out of shape". For the first time since I joined Body Pump, I was unable to finish the second portion of the chest track. I couldn't lift anymore. My left arm has absolutely no strength left. Throughout the class, Kylie was saying some people cheated...hmmm...does that include me? During back track, my legs were shaking big time. I had difficulty following the lunges track. By shoulder track, I was hopelessly strengthless. My shoulders were fatigued. Every body parts were crying. I could not finish this track either. One thing about BP 64...the music sucks. Just doesn't jive at all with the movements.

After Pump, I opted to go for yoga instead of joining Kylie's Body Jam. My thoughts were..yoga should be easier and more relaxing. After having endured a tough pump class, yoga would be a welcome. I was so wrong. Mr.Yoga chose to do sun salutation non stop. 3/4 into the class, I was ready to cry. Seriously. I actually teared up for a few seconds. I had to dig out every single ounce of energy I could find to finish the class. I had never looked forward to meditation time as much as I did last nite. To end the nite, went out for dinner with gym kaki and watched Amazing Race Asia...our usual thursday nite ritual..ahaks.

As tiring as it felt, it was really good to return to the gym. Will be taking it slow until my body is able to adapt back to the usual exercise regimen.

No comments: