RSS

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Damn the thief

I lost my Alcatel 750 on Friday to a pickpocket. ...bummer :-(

I had put it on the side pocket of my bagpack on my way to the gym. As usual, I parked my car opposite the gym and walked across using the overhead bridge. It was drizzling a little and the bridge was packed on both sides of the staircase, leaving a very narrow lane for people to walk up/down. As I was waiting for some people to walk down, I was practically squeezed to the side. I guess some idiot must have picked my hp then...

I didn't realise my hp missing til some 5 mins later...which of course, by then it was too late to recover the missing hp. Damn the thief for making me walk all the way back to my car to check if I had left it in there...even though I knew I had it with me when I stepped down from the car.

Now, I'm thinking...my hp ain't no Nokia or Sony or Motorola...for god sake, it's an Alcatel...it has no resale value! The thief must be damn pissed over his "unlucky" catch of the day. This are just some of the problems the thief will face when he tries to use my Alcatel.

1. It has both PIN code and phone security code; thus making it inconvenient to use right away the moment he/she switched it off and on again.

2. The thief has to buy an Alcatel charger....good luck with the shopping, dude!

3. The phone was approx 2 years old so definitely there were some wear and tear...not to mention the countless times the phone dropped...and oh ya...I had purposely flung the phone to the floor when it was about 6 mths old (I was pissed at someone....long story....).

4. The middle navigation button doesn't work as well that smoothly anymore.

5. It has no resale value...need I say more!

Don't get me wrong..I like my Alcatel. It's not as user friendly as Nokia but there are certain functions which I absolutely love...especially call barring. Nokia's call barring function just ain't the same.

I guess I will reward myself with a new hp this year. Finally, I will get to buy a new Nokia hp..

No comments: