RSS

Monday, May 7, 2012

Inked again!

To ink or not to ink? I asked that question few years ago, not long after getting my first tattoo.  That phase went away shortly after that...then last year I started thinking of getting another tattoo.  I pretty much knew what design I wanted --> the meaning of my name.  It was just a matter of when would I get it.... 

Finally, after contacting a few tattoo artists, I settled on MaoTattoo Studio located at Sunway Metro, just next to Sunway Pyramid on Saturday.  I had liaised with the owner, Kelly, a week before going in and had shown her several font designs that I was interested in.

Kelly was busy on that day but she had asked that I dropped in for further discussion and to make appointment to get the tattoo.  After a short discussion with her, I decide to go ahead and get inked from her partner Irwin on that same day.  Why wait??!

The whole process took 30-45 mins with hardly any pain at all.  With my first tattoo, I had at least felt some pain towards the end.  In fact, this was such a breeze that I got sleepy waiting for Irwin to finish....ahaks.
Day 1 - still fresh from the 'oven' :-)
Every customer gets a small container of lotion and an aftercare instruction.  I was impressed.  
Day 2 - looking good.  No pain, no soreness.
Free advertisement for the shop..haha.  
Overall damage was RM250.  It would have been much cheaper had I done it in Sarawak but this kind of rate was expected in KL and I didn't want to wait much longer anyway.   

No comments: