RSS

Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Catch at the Big Bag Wolf Book sale 2011

This event is called the "Biggest Book Sale in the World".......well, I'm not sure about "the World" part but this sale is definitely bigger than the one I went to 2 years ago. Books at this sale are really ON SALE.

This year, the event is held at MAEPS, Serdang from Oct 7-16. I arrived 45 mins too early and was able to get a nice parking spot.  That wasn't my intention really....I left the house early because I figured that I will need more time to locate MAEPS.  I never heard of this place til this book sale is on.  Nonetheless, despite checking google maps for direction the nite before and relying on my iPhone GPS to get there, I still got lost...twice!  Took me a whole lot longer than it should be.  Anyway, upon arrival, saw a shuttle bus but it was already leaving as I was parking.  Yes, they provide shuttle services as the car park lots were slightly further away.  I decided to walk to the event Hall instead.  It wasn't really that far but then again, I wasn't carrying heavy books, so not big deal.

Saw a long queue as I approached the area...did a quick check and found out that the Sale only started at 10am.  To kill time, I took a stroll to the loo.  Came back to find an even longer queue >.< Bored to death barely 5 mins into queuing up, and those pesky OCBC Bank sales people are really annoying.  Yes, I know they are just doing their job of promoting credit cards but I was approached so many times I was ready to scream bloody murder.

Finally, the Hall door opened!  Tons of books everywhere.  The Hall was really spacious and there were more Cashier lanes.  The space between tables were also wide enough...though people still bumped into each other, especially when carrying boxes to store their goodies.  I tried to be courteous but after a while, I couldn't care less if I accidentally bumped into anyone. 

After almost 4 hours browsing and queuing up to pay, I walked out of the Hall with these....

There were so many cookbooks at this sale. Due to my lack of culinary skills, I resorted to only getting easy meals recipes...ahaks. Price: between RM6-RM10.

Another cookbook...this one I like because it shows frame by frame...very useful for someone like me who has trouble following even the simplest of recipes. Price: RM12.

 These hardcover history books were really a bargain. Priced at RM15 and RM12 respectively. I was happy to get these.

The one and only fiction novel I bought.  There weren't that many Robin Cook titles that I found..I only came across Crisis and Foreign Body.  I already owned the latter. This one is hardcover.  Price - RM8.  Dirt cheap!

Total damage done at this Sales - RM75.  Not bad for 7 books.  I was a little disappointed I walked away empty handed at the Travel and Fitness/Health sections.  I didn't find anything I wanted at those tables. 

Decided to take the shuttle bus to the car park instead of walking as it was scorching hot outside, plus my feet were tired and the books were heavy..and I was hungry. Ended up getting lost on the way home too >.<

No comments: