RSS

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A day of ATV-ing

I dragged my ass to another new adventure - ATV! Seen this sport activities many times before but never really ever thought of actually giving it a go.....until now. A group of us, 12 in all, went this morning to ATV Adventure Park at Kpg. Kemensah for some fun and adventure ride of our life.  

ATV Adventure Park is apparently the largest ATV park and is located just behind Zoo Negara.  They offer outdoor jungle trails with several different packages.  Check it out at http://www.atvadventurepark.com/index.htm,  The place is actually located at the entrance next to Zoo Negara and is quite a long drive in.  Signboards are available though very minimal, and is not clear enough.  We found out that there is actually another smaller ATV place a few meters before ATV Adventure Park.

Upon arrival, just like any other extreme sports, we were asked to sign waiver forms.  This is basically to say that in the event of accidents, ATV Adventure Park will not be liable.  I didn't really read the whole form...I just filled in my details and signed. 

We were given a short briefing on how to handle the bike.  Some of us were a little nervous (me included) and we paid as much attention to the briefing as possible.  We were then given a short practise training with the ATV to familiarise ourselves with the machine.  It was kinda scary at first handling such a big vehicle but after 2 rounds of practise, we were given the green light to start our jungle journey. 

As we have a big group, we were divided into 2 groups, with each group having 2 guides.  Quite a relief!

The ride itself was fun, exciting but at the same time a little scary especially when going up a 45 degree uphill.  The first uphill was not a problem.  All ATVs must be slightly far apart when going uphill, for safety reasons. On the second uphill, we saw that it was kinda steep, and naturally we were all a little nervous.  My friend, the first rider went up and went too close the side, causing the ATV to tumble sideway.  That moment really set a panic on the rest of us who were waiting at the bottom of the hill.  Luckily, she was alright, with just minor scratches on her arm.  As the second rider went up, the guide was sorta assisting by pushing the ATV up.  At this point, I was getting even more nervous......this uphill is really challenging??  I was third to go up.  The guide beckoned me from the top, signalling to go up and told me to press the accelerator more.  That was it...no coming down to check on me, no guiding me up, nothing!  As in any surviving situation, I did what I had to do....give it my best.  Went all the way uphill with no problem at all....phew! what a relief...it wasn't as bad as I had thought.  The rest of the journey went well.  The ATV wasn't that easy to handle...my thumb was tired from pressing the accelerator and both hands were tired from pressing the brakes.  Still, it was all fun.

We reached a 7-tier waterfall and spent sometime resting.  I had enough of the water after a while and went back to the ATVs for some camwhoring with the machines...ahaks.

The journey back was the same route, the uphills became the downhills.  I was initially a little worried because earlier on at the start, my ATV's had engine died on me,  It was prolly because I pressed both brakes too hard.  Anyway, the journey back was much faster and without any fear at all.  Yippeee...

Actually before we even realised it, we were already back to the starting point.  The day started on some fear but ended on high notes.

Our ATV package was priced at RM100 for 1-1.5 hours ride to the waterfall trail. It was quite worth it considering that we had a total of 8 guides with us. 

No comments: