RSS

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Let's talk gym stuff..

Went on a hike this afternoon.  For a newbie, it was actually more challenging than I thought.  Was gasping for air barely 10 mins into the hike. Anyway, it was a good training for my upcoming mountain climbing trip.  Did not hike the full trail as it started to drizzle 45mins into the hike.  Someone's prayer was answered. The gang is going again next week and hopefully the weather will be kinder to us.

This has been a pretty good year for my fitness bucket activities.  By middle of this year, I would have crossed out 6 items from my list.  Not bad eh...

I noticed that one gym member is constantly looking my direction during Pump class.  Initially I thought she was prolly glancing at someone outside the studio door but then recently when she did that, I turned around but saw nobody anywhere near the glass door.  So, I'm guessing she was either comparing the weights I'm carrying or she was checking out my fabulous shoulders....ehem! Anyway, I will take it as a compliment that people actually pays attention to me :)

After "slacking" off somewhat the past year, I'm back religiously to my workouts especially cardio classes ie. Combat.  Need to build up the endurance for my mountain climb.  No more slacking off, no no.

Was introduced to flex band pilates today.  Damn tiring on upper body.  Neck still not strong enough. Was feeling the strain.

Been thinking about returning to yoga.  Having a bit of fear that I may not be able to follow the program.  Been over a year since my last class. Anyway......

No comments: