RSS

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

When the room goes round and round

Despite few drops of rain, I still made my way to the gym last nite for usual Body Jam class.  Such is my loyalty and commitment to the one exercise that I don't excel in. I possess neither a dancer's body nor grace but occassionally I like to fantasize that I actually do. 

So, first half of the class last nite was great actually...I knew the moves..everything was going great, no problem.  Basically, I was rocking it, dancing to the praises of the instructor.  I was having fun, showing off every once a while to the newbies  and outside onlookers..

Moments of brilliance....

2nd block of the class, however, was a total nightmare.  There were too many spinnings in the tracks.  After a few turnings, the studio was basically spinning right in front of my eyes.  I was like a little kid trying to find my shadow on the floor.  I could have easily be mistaken for a drunkard. The instructor was no longer singing praises. 

The effect of one spinning too many.

I always tell myself that I don't take this class very seriously, preferring instead to enjoy an hour of fun, which I do really but sometimes stinking at something which I like just isn't fun . 

No comments: